Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Data and the Mulitmedia project

Wow! I have really started to get into my data and analyze some of the patterns. I have to say that at first I was a a bit overwhelmed but now that I have made some comparisons and filtered the data (go surveymonkey!) I am able to see the value of what we have been doing.

I truly feel that my goals have been met and the purpose that I wanted my blog to serve worked! YEAH!!!! The blog was an effective discussion tool because more than 80% in each class either contributed as much or more than required. The number of students that were able to "discuss" increased many times over because rather than having to raise your hand and wait to be called on, everyone could post their thoughts at the same time. In addition students expressed that they felt more comfortable sharing their thoughts online than by raising their hand. This opinion was also expressed by student after student in the interviews.

I have a lot to look at still but some main points are certainly coming out of this. Now what I need to decide is how to format my final presentation and I need to sort through the loads of video that I have to do two things: 1) search for relevant clips to show contrasts in the classroom and also clips to include in the video; 2) analyze the patterns of what was going on.

No comments: